I decided to do something a little different from the shark-head-puppet/barbiedoll paintings. An iris grew in my front flower border this year, this is from the photo I took. It's not finished yet.
Finished the first layer of paint on the background. Two more layers to go. This doesn't have any text to go with it. It's from a photograph I took of an iris that bloomed in the front flower border. It's overwhelmed by the other plants, so I think I'll move it later.
Layer 10. Still not finished. First it's too dark, then it's too light...at some point I'll find the middle ground.
Several more layers on the top part of the iris. I still don't like it.
I really didn't like it. Plan B.
Painting blue around the existing shapes. Maybe I'll like it now....
Several layers later. I like it a bit better, but it still needs a bit more contrast. I really don’t know why things don’t work sometimes, and other times, it’s three layers….
Oh oh oh, I like one square inch of the upper petal, on the bottom right hand side…..
O.k. It’s better now. I did a black outline on all the leaves, and the flower. That adds a bit of separation to the shapes. I think it might work out.